In the morning our countdown to Christmas begins and I can hardly wait! I guess the picture makes that fairly obvious though doesn’t it? I mean, I’m so enthusiastic that I’m connecting with my (small and quiet) crafty side. It’s been quite some time since I’ve used a stamp and I must say that I’ve missed it. But…. the important thing is that inside every one of those little bags is an invitation to fun. It’s no longer possible to spend the entire day outside (thanks winter) and my three year old is incapable of sleeping when the sun is shining (have I mentioned that?), but dammit we have things to do around here.
Here are a few of things we’ll be up to this month:
- Making ornaments for our tree (Yogi is enamored with glitter)
- Building and decorating Rice Krispy treat houses (seems more durable than gingerbread)
- Creating a menorah using handprints + blue paint with our Hanukkah celebrating friends
- Holding our own Christmas music themed dance party
- Caroling with friends
- Touring Christmas lights after dinner
- Making cranberry suet cake to show the birds how much we love them on the Solstice
- Decorating Santa bags (pillowcases) and filling them with toys we can share with other families
- Baking lots of cookies and delivering them to friends (getting the boys Santa hats for this one)
- Drinking hot chocolate and reading stories under the Christmas tree
- Building snowmen (white play-doh + silver glitter)
- Making simple gifts for friends
I hope the boys enjoy this as much as I’m thinking they will. This is a tradition that I’ve always wanted to build with my family and I can’t wait to see how it evolves throughout the years.