- Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Post 11 facts about yourself, answering the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
- Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
- Display the Liebster Award logo.
- No tag backs meaning you can’t just re nominate the person who nominated you.
As Solo the First put it “The real purpose behind these nominations are not only as an accolade from a fellow blogger and let’s face it, nothing gently strokes our little writer hearts more than someone telling you they appreciate your work. In addition to the back patting we need to receive from time to time, it also allows us to get a little more personal as we get to know our increasing blogging community. It also helps drive traffic to your site as we reference one another.” Here are the questions I got from Camille, along with my answers:
- What is the best book you’ve read recently?
I’ve been in a dry spell recently, but there is one that has stood out. The Fault in our Stars by John Green. This is YA (which I don’t usually read), but after hearing so much about it I decided to give it a try. The story was compelling, but the voice was unbelievable. If you like first person narration The Fault in our Stars is a must read.
- Name a pet peeve.
Fake listening. I am very bothered by insincere/inattentive listening. If you aren’t interested, don’t pretend to be.
- If you could travel any place and money was not a factor, where would you go?
Given my current anti-travel stance this question is a hard one. But….. I’ve always wanted to visit India. Always.
- If you could go to any concert, whether they are dead or alive, broken up or together, who would it be?
I tried to resist, but resistance is futile. Indigo Girls. I’d be front row, house left. Staring at the girlfriend I’ve had the longest. Amy Ray.
- Red wine, white wine, beer, or water?
Beer. An amber or a nice porter.
- Do you have a celebrity look-a-like? If so, who?
I don’t think the resemblance is that strong, but I’ve heard Winona Ryder more than once. As I’m typing it occurs to me that I haven’t actually heard that in about a decade. Humm……
- What are three blogs you read most often?
Outside of this blogging community, my three favorites are:
Momastery – I love this woman. Truly. I believe that she is doing incredible things.
terribleminds – Chuck Wendig is a writer (he actually refers to himself as a freelance pen monkey) and his blog is largely about writing. I’m completely hooked on his voice and frankly enjoy all the cursing. Also he has a boy around Yogi’s age.
Oh She Glows – Aside from the fact that she has a MS in Social Psych (making her totally IN), she is also entirely passionate and impressively knowledgeable about living vegan. I have loved every recipe of hers I’ve tried and the girl is detail oriented. REALLY detail oriented (that impresses me).
- What is your guilty pleasure?
Reality television. Think Big Brother and America’s Next Top Model. Since ridding ourselves of cable, I’ve had to let these things go. It’s certainly for the best as the balance had been tipping towards guilty and away from pleasure for some time. Guess it’s time to find a new guilty pleasure! Sounds like fun….
- What is one skill or hobby you’re interested in learning?
- What are five words that best describe you?
Introspective, sensitive, optimistic, bookish (I LOVE that word), loyal
- Beach or mountains?
Mountains every time.
Here are my nominations (in no particular order!). If I have renominated you, hooray for you! You are a star!:
- .breaking into blossom.
- Counting Chickens
- Butch and Pregnant
- The Next Beyond
- All Things Relative
- Mama Karma
- 1 in Vermillion
- Two Moms to Be
- Insert Metaphor
- reproducing genius
- Looking for a Little Turtle
Here are my 11 questions: