After spending the last five days holed up in my house with a sick toddler and a baby who believes that standing is the only acceptable posture, I need to focus on the positive. Before I get to all the rainbows though, I have to tell you that croup is an illness created by the devil. So far, Monkey is entirely healthy which is both improbable and fabulous. Yogi however sounds like an angry sea-lion, which we should know because we spent lots of time at Fisherman’s Wharf while we were in San Francisco.
Enough of that.
Here are a few things that I’m loving right now. I’m thinking about making this a regular thing on the blog and you should consider doing the same if you’re a blogger. It feels good to focus attention on what makes you happy and it’s fun to find out what your friends are into. So, here goes….
- This blog. Oh She Glows has everything I look for in a blog. It’s well-written, informative and lovely. If you have any interest in vegan fare, you should put this one in your Reader.
- Tickling Monkey and hearing his delicious, rumbly belly laughter.
- The Enneagram. I picked up a book on this about a year ago and in an attempt to improve aspects of my irritating 2ness (2 is my type) I’ve been looking through it lately. This is an interesting personality model because it explores both functional and dysfunctional aspects of how you approach the world. Interested? Here’s a site that will give you a flavor.
- Pumpkin spice coffee.
- Fun with play dough. Yogi got some for his birthday (thanks T!) and it has been a tremendous hit. He loves to press it in to muffin tins and pretend he’s making ice cream cones. You can find a super easy recipe and fun ideas for imaginative play here.
- Yogi’s recent interest in wearing only footy pajamas. When it’s that time of night he actually asks for “pajamas with shoes”. Love that.
- Eating on the back porch. It’s cool and breezy and makes mealtime pleasant. Yogi is much less interested in throwing his food when he’s outside and that makes for two happy Mommies.
- Long showers with Yogi. The one upside of croup is that it provides the perfect excuse for warm showers with your Snugglebunny.
- This picture. Another Mom snapped this one at a play date and I was so glad she shared it. We don’t have many in the moment kind of pictures of the two of us and this makes me want more.