Almost 35 weeks. This feels like two weeks until Monkey for us. TWO WEEKS!
There is no way to know whether Monkey will be a 37 weeker like her big brother, but it’s certainly possible. And if it’s possible then we should be ready for it, don’t you think?
Since the “OH SH*&T this baby is actually coming!“bomb that exploded in the center of this family (and the house actually) at around 32 weeks, we’ve snapped right into shape. Here’s what we’ve put in motion since then:
- We hired a doula (although we’re currently going back and forth about whether we want or need this assistance*).
- We prepared a birth plan.
- We decided who our “Yikes the grandparents can’t get in town fast enough” Yogi back-up will be.
- We’ve read helpful books – thanks to many of you for great suggestions! (Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth, Simpkin’s The Birth Partner and Tracy Hogg’s Secrets of the Baby Whisperer for Toddlers – more on this later)
- We’ve added an entire bedroom and painted it a color that no one actually liked once it had been put on the walls. Oh well. Can’t win them all.
- We’ve bought a comfy chair for that bedroom.
- We’ve got a lovely, old-fashioned (but comfortable) looking cradle set up in our room.
- We brought all of the newborn clothes and supplies down from the attic and stocked Monkey’s closet.
- We’ve developed a Yogi Meets Monkey plan that feels right for everyone.
- We’ve done a MAJOR Spring cleaning/purge/Goodwill and Habitat donations. Nothing like a nesting pregnant woman with more than a few OCD tendencies to whip your house right into shape.