A PICTURE OF SOMETHING THAT MAKES YOU HAPPY
I couldn’t settle on one thing, so I decided on a collage. The picture on the bottom left is not me or anyone I know, but it is someone in Half Moon pose. I LOVE hot yoga and particularly this pose and hope to get back into practice in the future. Right above that is a picture of my current obsession – Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are obscenely good and I am including the recipe because I think everyone should have it. I think the rest is pretty self-explanatory. 🙂
- 2 cups flour (all-purpose or half whole-wheat/half all-purpose – all whole-wheat is too grainy)
- 1 1/3 cups oats (quick-cooking or rolled)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 tbl honey
- 1 cup mashed pumpkin
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbl ground flaxseeds
- 1 11.5oz pkg milk or dark chocolate chips
- Mix dry ingredients (flour through sugar) in a medium bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients (oil through flax) in a large bowl.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients in 3 batches.
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet or parchment paper **Cookies will not spread, so feel free to put them an inch apart**
- Bake at 350 for 16 minutes