It’s once a week with the OB from here on out. At this weeks visit, we got a plan. Bean is still breech (not a surprise at this point) and we’re not a great candidate for a version. This is actually something of a relief. Neither of us were feeling good about that kind of intervention, so when the OB said that she would classify such a procedure as a heroic measure in our case, it took the possibility more surely off the table. Apparently given that Bean’s head and the placenta are on the same side, the procedure would be done in the OR with a spinal. And it might not work. So…. onwards and upwards.
We’ve decided to do a scheduled c-section at 39 weeks. This means that unless Bean decides to make an early appearance, we will have a baby on Thursday, August 26.
Three weeks and a day. Wowza.