This AM we had our 4th u/s appt. The ovaries appear to be chugging along and the follicles are growing. Our cycle is (once again) taking longer than the “typical” timeline they gave us at the outset, but slow and steady wins the race, right? We knew we might have to do it, but today we officially made the decision to cancel our trip to Texas next week for Austin City Limits. It’s a bummer, but babymaking is priority 1 right now. Our next u/s appt is Monday and we will know more then, but retrieval is likely to be Wednesday or Thursday of next week.
We also initiated the name change process this week. We have a family lawyer friend who is helping us out and that is great. She posted our notices at the courthouse today and in 10 days she will petition the court for our change. Let’s hope all goes smoothly. I’m glad we’ve got this ball rolling, but I’m wondering how this will play out at work. Although no one at school knows this yet, I will be leaving this job in May. For that reason, I would really rather not go through all the name change rigamarole bc it will be a pain. I teach and so if am Dr. Somebody Else when it’s time to register next semester, my students will be all confused and that will be a pain. If all goes as planned and we get the official government issued name change document sometime in October, can I stick with my old name for 7 more months? Does anybody know about this? I know this kind of thing varies by state, but thoughts/ideas welcomed.